- Sacred Castle -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Drench Shores

3 posters

Go down

Drench Shores Empty Drench Shores

Post  Zac Flare Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:03 pm

*RMT Setup Credit goes to Aérø Stone

~ At A Glance ~

Drench Shores 186Drench Shores 641-therianDrench Shores 598Drench Shores 121Drench Shores 645Drench Shores 380

Drench Shores Redline1

This is one of the newest RMT's I have made I am very familiar with sand and sun teams so I thought why don't I challenge myself and make a rain for once. So this is my second rain team actually the first will be posted in a different RMT!

Drench Shores 186

Politoed (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 80 HP / 252 SAtk / 176 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Focus Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Ice Beam

Politoed: Well Politoed is great on this team since yeah it's a rain team but it also means I do not have to constantly switch in and out to set up rain dance. The Choice specs is good because #1 I can get a higher amount of damage done onto the foes Pokemon with Hydro Pump. It is also good because it lowers my speed a little so I set up rain most of the time before a scarf tar or a Ninetails. As You can see I went with the basic old fashion Politoed Set! Focus Blast does a great deal of damage to ferrothorns which I found quite useful since they're overly abused in today's Metagame. Ice beam's good for ground type Pokemon and dragons. Hidden Power Grass is also good against other water type Pokemon.

Synergy ~

Electric - Landorus/Ferrothorn/Latias
Grass - Ferrothorn/Latias/Tornadus-T

Drench Shores 641-therian

Tornadus-T (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Heat Wave

Tornadus-T: The next Pokemon On my team is Life Orbed Tornadus-T. I love this set I chose because when I send him out people would expect it to have choice specs or to be scarfed but I surprise them with a life orb at times. It's also great because with it's ability Regenerator I can easily regain health after either taking a beating or doing a GREAT deal of damage with life orb! Superpower is great for ferrothorns to and heatrans. Hurricane is obvious on a Tornadus since it is a great move that deals ALOT of damage to Pokemon. And U-turn is for keeping momentum on my side to help counter the opponents decisions!

Synergy ~

Electric - Landorus/Ferrothorn/Latias
Rock - *None*
Ice - Politoed/Starmie

Drench Shores 598

Ferrothorn (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Toxic
- Protect
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn: A Lovely member on this team is Ferrothorn. The set I chose Is great in my opinion because it runs a bit of stall for my team and is a great wall against other teams times since its grass it helps me against other grass types that may endanger politoed so he is basically like a tank toxic is used to help stop the enemy in there tracks since the damage builds more and more from toxic each turn!Leech seed is also great since its like me gaining extra health per turn along with leftovers protect is for when I have the opponent toxiced and leech seeded either one!

Synergy ~

Fire - Politoed/Starmie/Latias
Fighting - Landorus/Latias/Starmie

Drench Shores 121

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam

Starmie: Starmie is a great Pokemon especially on this team since it's weak to set ups like spikes and stealth rocks now starmie is my solution for that problem it's my spinner. Thunder Wave is good because I get a good advantage and sometimes when I desperately need it Parahax in the battle. Also ice beam and scald are also great for dragons/ground types and scald is fun with burn. Honestly if I know someone's going to toxic/wil-o-wisp or anything like that I send starmie in to tank it thanks to natural care it won't be affected once I switch out!
Synergy ~

Electric - Landorus/Latias
Grass - Latias
Ghost - Ferrothorn
Dark - Ferrothorn
Bug - Landorus

Drench Shores 645

Landorus (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- U-turn

Landorus: Landorus I personally Love on this team, being that it is scarfed it outspeeds many Pokemon its good because of earthquake and stone edge. Now I do not carry hp ice on tornadus because I can rely on other Pokemon such as Landorous to carry it to help take out threats such as a gliscor,latias,latios, and tornadus/thundurus! Last move U-turn when in doubt I say U-turn out of there if this thing is endangered!

Synergy ~

Water - Politoed/Latias/Ferrothorn/Starmie
Ice - Politoed/Starmie

Drench Shores 380

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Recover

Latias The Last and final Pokemon on my team is Latias I personally believe it is great on this team as a sweeper calm mind is so great for last minute resort and recover makes sure I can set up and have alot of hp at the same time. Dragon Pulse is also lovable against dragon types or mostly almost any type in general and hidden power fire is if some bug/grass types maybe even steel is sent out to tank the dragon pulse

Synergy ~
Ice - Politoed/Starmie
Dragon - Ferrothorn
Bug - Landorus
Ghost - Ferrothorn
Dark - Ferrothorn

~ Politoed, Starmie, Landorus, Latias, Tornadus-T, Ferrothorn ~
- Enjoy -

Spoiler:
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Drench Shores Empty Re: Drench Shores

Post  Maxedofhaxed Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:08 pm

i feel as if you stole that name from me i used -Drenched Shores- for a water gym once
Maxedofhaxed
Maxedofhaxed
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Fiend Fri Aug 10, 2012 11:52 am

Seems good, the only threats i can see are Choice Banded Terrrakion and Agility Thundurus-T, since your only wall, Ferrothorn is mauled by Close Combat, and once your only rock resist is gone, it can break down your team one by one. However, since your team is quite fast, it isn't an instant 6-0, and can be played around or revenged. Thundurus, on the other hand, can bluff a Scarf, and when you try to bring Ferrothorn in to sponge an Electric attack, it can set up an Agility and once Latias is gone, it's good game. The only thing I could suggest is investing all of that defense into Ferrothorn's Special Defense, or alternativley trying a Specially Defensive Amoonguss over Latias.
Cake Fiend
Cake Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum