- Sacred Castle -
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GyarAmoonguss

2 posters

Go down

GyarAmoonguss Empty GyarAmoonguss

Post  Cake Fiend Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:10 am

GyarAmoonguss 645GyarAmoonguss 462GyarAmoonguss 149GyarAmoonguss 385GyarAmoonguss 130GyarAmoonguss 591

GYARAMOONGUSS

Hi, this is my first RMT on these forums. This is a weatherless semi stall team built around a core I had been testing during late June, Amoonguss and Gyarados. They both work well together and can plauge the opponent with status and residual damage. Anyways, on with the team.

GyarAmoonguss 645
ランドロス (Landorus) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Force
EVs: 4 SAtk / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Landorus is my weapon against sand teams, being able to fire off Earthquakes that can KO most of the OU tier without any trouble. It also functions as a check to Choice Scarf Salamence and +1 Volcarona if Gyarados is KO'd. The EVs are standard, 252 Attack EVs to maximise the damage done, and 252 Speed Evs to outspeed Volcarona, Salamence and the other Base 100's. I also gave it 4 Special Attack EVs to slightly increase the damage done by Hidden Power. The moveset is again standard, Stone Edge disposes of any Rock weak pokemon, and the Sand Force boost helps a lot as well. I would run Rock Slide over Stone Edge due to miss hax costing me the game too much, (Seriously, it has a lower hit rate than Guillotine.) but the power drop isn't worth it in my opinion. Earthquake does insane damage in sandstorm and can 1-2HKO almost everything that doesn't resist it, the STAB boost makes it even more dangerous, doing around 45-50% on standard Slowbro, meaning that almost nothing is safe from Earthquake. U-Turn is an amzing scouting move, being able to do damage to threats such as Rotom-W whilst switching to Amoonguss to avoid taking dmage from Hydro Pump. It also helps scout for any dangerous status moves, which is more than enough of a reason to use it. Hidden Power Ice is a filler move, mainly, but can help against threats such as Gliscor and Dragonite. (I think Stone Edge in sand does more damage than HP Ice, I'm not sure.) Landorus is usually in the lead position, as it has a decent match up against all weather starters, being able to KO Tyranitar and (Non Air Balloon) Ninetales with Earthquake, live an Ice Shard and KO Abomasnow with Stone Edge (I usually just U-turn, since it almost always missses Sad) and U-turn out of all Politoed. Landorus is an absolutley amazing pokemon and one of the best leads I have ever used.

GyarAmoonguss 462
レアコイル (Magnezone) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 148 HP / 252 SAtk / 108 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Flash Cannon
Choice Specs Magnezone is an asset against rain teams, being able to KO many of their main abusers. (Tentacruel, Azumarill locked into anything other than Aqua jet, as Magnezone outspeeds it, and Gyarados.) It also functions as an excellent steel trapper, being able to remove threats such as Skarmory, Scizor and non SubCM Jirachi. The EVs are again, for max power and speed being able to KO pretty much anything that doesn't resist or is immune to Electric. (Tyranitar and Chansey Sad) Thunderbolt is your main stab attack, being able to do huge damage to everything and single handedly raping rain teams. Volt Switch is weaker than Thunderbolt, but functions similarly to U-Turn, allowing Magnezone to switch out of a predicted Tyranitar or Chansey, it also forms somewhat of a Volt-Turn core with Landorus, as the two have good synergy with each other. Hidden Power Fire eliminates Scizor and Skarmory and Ferrothorn, allowing Dragonite to spam Outrage without worrying about a Ferrothorn coming and and Gyro Balling it to death. Magnezone's EV set and nature give it a large amount of power, and decent speed. Flash Cannon is a filler move, but hits Landorus and the likes harder than Hidden Power Fire does. And the STAB boost is always nice.

GyarAmoonguss 149
カイリュー (Dragonite) (F) @ Choice Band
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 60 HP / 252 Atk / 196 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Fire Punch
- Earthquake
- ExtremeSpeed
Dragonite is on so many teams for a reason: it's just so good! Amazing stats an even better movepool, and Multicale. Multiscale alone is enough of a reason to use Dragonite. I went with the Choice Band set, as it is very hard for sun teams to deal with, being able to do immense damage to all of their main pokemon, (Volcarona, Venusaur and Sawsbuck.) whilst they can't do much back. I would have used Haxorus over Dragonite, but I stuck with Dragonite, as it is bulkier, resists both of Volcarona's STABS and has access to Extremespeed. The EVs and nature are to ensure you can hit as hard as possible, and still be decently fast. (Though, you don't really need it with Extremespeed.) Outrage is amazingly strong and with help from Magnezone, it becomes almost impossible to stop Dragonite from Outrage spamming your entire team. Fire Punch benefits from the sun, and if Magnezone failed to do its job, or had to be sac'd it can still take on most troublesome Steel types. Earthquake deals with Heatran and provides a secondary way of killing off SubCM Jirachi, which otherwise, is very hard to deal with if the rain is up. It is also able to OHKO Terrakion without locking itself into Outrage. Extremespeed is a fantastic priority move, and since it has +2 priority, it can "outspeed" many Ice Shard users and KO them before they can KO Dragonite. Dragonite is just top tier material, and to think it came this far from Dragon Rage spam.

GyarAmoonguss 385
ジラーチ (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SDef / 32 Spd
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Iron Head
- Body Slam
- Wish
Many people hate Jirachi. However, it is one of my favorite competitive pokemon, being the glue to many of my teams, and supporting the team amazingly, with Wish healing, paraflinching, setting up Stealth Rock, and just being overall difficult to get rid of. This is the standard Specially Defensive set, being able to wall threats such as Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T without breaking a sweat. The EVs and nature allow you to take special hits like a pro and still be reasonably fast. Stealth Rock is brilliant, being able to wear down many pokemon such as Dragonite, Thundurus-T and Tornadus-T and Salamence. Iron Head pairs with Body Slam, causing constant flinching and paralysis, allowing it to beat pokemon such as Reuniclus one on one. Body Slam has a high paralysis rate, and does good damage, being able to stop key threats like Choice Specs Latios and Alakazam. Wish is the best move ever and without it, this team would be awful. It keeps everyone alive and negates annoying hazard and status damage. It is also what makes the GyarAmoonguss core so good. Jirachi is perfect. That is all.

GyarAmoonguss 130
ギャラドス (Gyarados) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
- Taunt
- Waterfall
Part One of the GyarAmoonguss core, and an excellent check to many physical attackers. Unlike most generic Gyarados, which aim to set up a Dragon Dance and abuse Moxie, this Gyarados set is a Parashuffler set, being able to use the Stealth Rocks Jirachi can set up, and spam Dragon Tail, causing constant switching and hazard damage. The nature and EVs are to make sure it can survive as many physical attacks as possible, even being able to come in on Scarf Terrakion and lower its Attack with Intimidate and survive a Stone Edge, and can keep baiting Terrakion with Magnezone, only to have its Attack lowered, and with Wish support and Stealth Rocks, it can easily take on Terrakion, and if it tries to predict Gyarados to come in on Close Combat, it will be surprised when it Stone Edges Magnezone and eats a Specs Flash Cannon. Thunder Wave stops said Terrakion from pulling off a sweep, along with paralyzing numerous other threats. Dragon Tail racks up residual damage and hits for some decent damage. Taunt stops opposing Thunder Waves and Toxics from crippling Gyarados, as well as letting it beat Skarmory one on one. Waterfall is a decent STAB move and is quite strong under rain, as well as being its main weapon against Volcarona. I really think more people need to use Bulky Gyarados, it's just so hard to stop.

GyarAmoonguss 591
モロバレル (Amoonguss) (M) @ Black Sludge
Trait: Regenerator
EVs: 4 Def / 252 HP / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Clear Smog
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Spore
Part Two of the GyarAmoonguss core, and an incredible wall. Seriously, it's like OU's Lugia. (Somewhat. ._.) It has such amazing defenses, and can take on many special attackers, such as Specs Rotom-W and Thundurus-T. Regenerator makes it stupidly hard to get rid of. Wish support more or less makes it invincible, as it gains a ton of HP upon switching and it can abuse this without any side effects. The EVs and nature make it as specially bulky as possible, meaning even strong Fire attacks will struggle to take it down. It also ruins Rain Offense teams, as all they can do is spam Ice beam, which won't do that much damage, thanks to Regenerator. Clear Smog removes threataning stat boosts, such as a +1 Dragonite or a Ninjask about to use Baton Pass. Giga Drain is its main STAB move, and kills off most Water types. Hidden Power Ice removes Gliscor and Dragonite and Landorus without trouble. Spore is the main move here, basically removing one pokemon for free, and just amazing overall. Amoonguss is just so hard to beat without using Tornadus, who gets walled by Jirachi. Absolutley brilliant.

So this is the end of my first RMT, I hope you all enjoyed it! The importable for the team is below.

Spoiler:
Cake Fiend
Cake Fiend

Back to top Go down

GyarAmoonguss Empty Re: GyarAmoonguss

Post  Cake Fiend Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:43 pm

Not Bad
Cake Fiend
Cake Fiend

Back to top Go down

Post  Zac Flare Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:28 pm

Not much to say about this team great in multiple ways I hope it leads u to great success in the future Smile
Zac Flare
Zac Flare
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post  Cake Fiend Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:04 am

Ty LOL
Cake Fiend
Cake Fiend

Back to top Go down